Weir & Associates is a Hong Kong firm of solicitors and notaries which has carried on business in Hong Kong, the Asia Pacific, and internationally since 1985.
Representing over 50 financial institutions in Asia, Weir & Associates has a well-earned reputation as a business-minded, transaction-oriented law firm.
Our team of lawyers has multijurisdictional qualifications and consists of several teams each skilled in a different branch of law. The work of our clients is handled not only on a basis to ensure the success of the matter at hand but also with regard to our client's long term interests. This results-orientated approach enables Weir & Associates to build bridges and not roadblocks for our clients' transactions. We have also long standing relationships with multinational law practices worldwide.
We are a "business law firm" with years of experience providing legal services relevant to businesses including:
- Commercial transactions in Hong Kong, Mainland China and internationally in areas including retail, licensing, manufacturing, entertainment, construction, trading, hospitality, telecommunication, pharmaceutical and information technology;
- Corporate finance and restructuring for private and public companies in Hong Kong and North America;
- Conveyancing, leasing and property based financings in Hong Kong;
- Intellectual property (Patents, Trademarks and Design);
- Information technology and telecommunications in Hong Kong and regional matters;
- Off-shore trusts, estate planning, taxation and pension establishment;
- Immigration for inbound applications (visas, investor programs and work authorization schemes to Hong Kong) and overseas to countries including the PRC, Macau, Taiwan, Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom;
- Litigation (civil and criminal) in Hong Kong;
- Arbitration for international commercial matters in Hong Kong and Mainland China.